Right to access, correct and delete data and to object to data processing
Our customers have the right to access, correct and delete personal data relating to them, and to object to the processing of such data, by addressing a written request, at any time. United Wholesale (Scotland) Ltd makes every effort to put in place suitable precautions to safeguard the security and privacy of personal data, and to prevent it from being altered, corrupted, destroyed or accessed by unauthorized third parties. However, United Wholesale (Scotland) Ltd does not control each and every risk related to the use of the Internet, and therefore warns the Site users of the potential risks involved in the functioning and use of the Internet. The Site may include links to other web sites or other internet sources. As United Wholesale (Scotland) Ltd cannot control these web sites and external sources, the Company cannot be held responsible for the provision or display of these web sites and external sources, and may not be held liable for the content, advertising, products, services or any other material available on or from these web sites or external sources.
Your right to object
You have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. Please contact us as noted below, providing details of your objection.
Access to your personal data
You can request access to a copy of your personal data that we hold, along with information on what personal data we use, why we use it, who we share it with, how long we keep it for and whether it has been used for any automated decision-making.
You can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal data held about you.
Right to withdraw consent
If you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time. In particular, if you have given us consent to send you marketing emails, you can withdraw your consent by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing email which you receive, writing to us at GDPR Officer, United Wholesale (Scotland) Ltd, 110 Easter Queenslie Road, Glasgow, G33 4UL.
You can ask us to delete your personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to use it (we have no lawful basis).
Management of personal data
You can view or edit your personal data online for many of our services. You can also make choices about our collection and use of your data. How you can access or control your personal data will depend on which services you use. You can choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from our store by email, SMS, physical mail, and telephone. If you receive promotional email or SMS messages from us and would like to opt out, you can do so by contacting us as above.
Information We Collect
Our Depots collect data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our services. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you create a personal account.
We will collect your name and contact details, if you have submitted an enquiry via the Contact Us page on the Website.
We collect and use the following personal data about you when you become a supplier and fill in forms on the Website or hard copy application forms:
1) full name;
2) address and contact details; and
3) you may also be required to give us information about your business, business partners, beneficial owners or directors in which case you must ensure that you have permission to do this.
When you become a customer and register for an online customer account or complete hard copy application forms, we collect and use the following:
1) full name;
2) date of birth/age;
3 address, e-mail address and contact details;
4) a copy of your documentation that you supplied for your i.d. verification;
5) your United account passwords and customer numbers; and
6) you may also be required to give us information about your business, business partners, beneficial owners or directors in which case you must ensure that you have permission to do this.
How We Use Your Information
We use personal data held about you for the following purposes in line with our legitimate interests to administer the Website and the App, to engage with users when they request our products and services, and provide us with products and services and to protect and exercise our rights as a business:
1) to respond to your queries;
2) to manage any customer trading account with us and update the records we hold about you from time to time;
3) for customers who hold credit accounts, to carry out credit checks;
4) to provide you with your goods and information about your goods and our services and to provide you with information via post, email, telephone or SMS about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about and that may be of interest to you, to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you;
5) to welcome you into our depots and say goodbye to you when you leave and, if you are an App user, to tell you when you are in the vicinity of our depots;
6) to analyse your purchases and purchase behaviour so we can provide a better service to you and to keep our website safe and secure;
7) we may anonymise the data we hold about you or your business and share it with our suppliers for their own reporting or marketing activities;
8) where you use EPOS or place orders directly with us using an electronic ordering system then we may automatically collect and use sales and purchase data to analyse sales of our products. We may anonymise this data and share it with selected market research agencies for the same purpose who may also share the anonymised data with third party suppliers and partners for their sales and market research purposes;
9) if false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is suspected or identified then this will be recorded and details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. The information may also be used to prevent theft, fraud and money laundering for example, when checking details for customer registrations, credit applications or managing credit accounts; and
10) in relation to CCTV, for the prevention of crime and for security purposes.
We will also use your personal data, for example, your name, address and contact details, to carry out our contractual obligations to provide you with products or services which you have ordered or purchased from us and to contact you in relation to such products and services.
As we are a regulated business, we are required by law to verify the identity of our customers and suppliers and carry out Anti Money Laundering and Sanctions checks.
We will process your personal data, including your name, address and identity verification documents, for the purposes of preventing money laundering or terrorist financing, as it is necessary in order to prevent unlawful acts and for the purposes of meeting regulatory requirements.
We are legally permitted to hold this information for no more than five years from the end of your business relationship with United Wholesale (Scotland) Ltd.
Sharing Your Information
We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested or authorized. For example, we share your content with third parties when you tell us to do so. When you provide payment data to make a purchase, we will share payment data with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or provide other financial services, and for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction. In addition, we share personal data among our controlled affiliates and subsidiaries. We also share personal data with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we’ve hired to provide customer service support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data in order to provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose. We may also disclose personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
Special Categories of Personal Data
Special protection is given to certain kinds of personal data that is particularly sensitive. This is information about your health status, racial or ethnic origin, political views, religious or similar beliefs, sex life or sexual orientation, genetic or biometric identifiers, trade union membership (‘special categories of personal data’) or about your criminal convictions or offences.
Where we collect any special categories of personal data, we will take appropriate steps to ensure that we have explicit consent or another legal basis to hold, use and retain the information. In particular, we collect special category personal data in relation to Anti Money Laundering and Sanctions checks and our legal basis for using this personal data is as set out above.
Sending you information
If you are a customer, we will send you our brochures and communicate relevant news and information about products and services similar to those you have purchased or enquired about by post, email, telephone, SMS or other electronic messages, unless you tell us that you do not wish to receive them.
You can unsubscribe at any time by writing to us at GDPR Officer, United Wholesale (Scotland) Ltd, 110 Easter Queenslie Road, Glasgow, G33 4UL.
How Long We Hold Your Personal Data
We will not retain your personal data for any longer than is necessary for our purposes, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
Where we have been using your personal data to provide you with marketing, we will remove you from our marketing list if you ask us to do so, but we may still need to keep your information for ongoing contractual purposes if you continue to be our customer and for legal, accounting and regulatory reporting reasons.